Friday 15 August 2014

Marc Jacobs: Tweets For Treats

"THERE is no denying that Marc Jacobs knows his customer very well, and for his Daisy pop-up store - opening in Covent Garden next week - he's playing on that customer's love for social media by swapping treats based upon his range of Daisy fragrances for tweets. No money will exchange hands, instead tweets using the hashtag #MJDaisyChain will "buy" you samples of the designer's trio of Daisy fragrances - Daisy, Daisy Eau So Fresh and Daisy Dream - access to a Marc Jacobs nail bar, a photo booth (there's nothing that draws a queue like a photo booth) and a Vine booth." - Vogue


I came across the mastermind that is Juergen Teller back in my college days. For me, it began with Winona Ryder. The iconic style and realism of his photography took the fashion world by storm. From Marilyn Manson to Vivienne Westwood campaigns to Kate Moss' nudes, there isn't anyone who's anyone who hasn't heard of this guy. When I first saw the Marc Jacobs daisy campaign I fell in love. For me, it was a scene from Sophia Coppola's "The Virgin Suicides" the innocence, wonder and virgin style made the whole aspect of the campaign perfect. 

Young and sweet and innocent and beautiful. The epitome of this girl I fantasize of.” Those were the words that Marc Jacobs once used when describing his close friend and longtime muse Sofia Coppola. This dream team shines through with the new Marc Jacobs perfume. I've got my heart set on visiting Covent Garden to the pop up shop, fingers crossed.




























No comments:

Post a Comment