Friday 3 April 2015

You give me life like lots of oxygen.

It's good Friday and my first "bank holiday" working day off, ever. After my lunch plans going out of the window I thought, you know what? I'll blog and stop being lazy.

If you follow me on Instagram you'll see i've got a bit of a Dragon Fruit obsession lately. Unfortunately they are really hard to find in the UK but Asda came to the rescue being the only place in the area to stock them. The fuchsia shade Dragon fruits are my favourite, with an intense bright colour and zing they are perfect for juicing, smoothies or just scooping up with a spoon. The yellow fruits are sickly sweet with a hint of honeysuckle. A friend of mine is currently travelling through Asia and is surrounded by these beauties in Thailand, one day when I go there i'll be smuggling them all home.


Sweet Tooth.


#abmhappymail is exactly what it says on the tin. Every piece is a quirky work of art to brighten someone's day. I still have so much that I haven't used yet and i've only had two months worth.






This week has sucked, we lost a family pet very close to our hearts. It's hard to write about it without tears appearing. I can't even put up photos yet, it's too raw. Jasmine was a Burkill, my parents adopted her and Copper from a rescue centre in Wales after they both were left on the side of the road to die. We don't really know to this day what happened to them but once they were brought to our home they settled in really easily. Ever since I don't think I've ever met two dogs happier bursting with character. Jasmine was older, wiser and had so much sass. She was very independent but made me laugh constantly. Especially as she had a thing about sneaking up and licking my nose. On Wednesday she passed. It's been heartbreaking for our family, but she lived a good life and is finally at peace. On Wednesday night I just lay in bed surrounded by tears. I put "How to train your dragon" on TV and this little guy below wouldn't leave me alone. 

He knew, something happened. Montie curled up as close as he could and wrapped his paws around my hand all night. Protecting me. It's incredible how animals don't speak your language, are a totally different species but understands you in an unwritten way. 



I hands up copied this pattern from Pinterest to create this geometric little embroidered bear. What do you think? Not bad for a beginner huh?


The beginning of a few little blankets.




Bargain of the month: 50 embroidery threads for £3.02 thank you eBay.



Do you have dry skin? Rosacea, eczema, psoriasis? 
Coconut oil is a saviour. I've been using this for a few years back from my Lush days. Long before I bought slabs of raw cocoa butter as I found that most drugstore companies only use 50% or less Cocoa Butter in their products, yeah i'm taking about you Palmers Cocoa Butter. 
Then I'd heard about Coconut Oil from a colleague, intrigued with her stories of using it raw on her face as a cleanser and also a product you can cook with. In my head this was bizarre. Automatically thinking negative. To my surprise it cleared up 75% of my eczema on my cheeks, legs and tummy. My skin feels not just soft but as if the moisture has been locked. I thought id feel like an oily mess but that's not the case at all. If you don't like the oil texture pop this on before a shower, it works.
I won't preach much  more, if you'd like to know all the benefits on skin, hair and to digest have a look online, you'll be suprised.


No comments:

Post a Comment