Sunday 11 January 2015

Home is wherever I'm with you.

I took some photo's late last year of my parents house, i'd stayed over one night and awoke really fresh. You know those days when you just realise everything important? It was one of those.

If you know me, my accent isn't from these parts. Derbyshire is a place we used to call home, until one day my family decided to move South, a new beginning for us all. I was really young, stupid and thought this would be the worst idea ever and that my parents were "ruining my life".

I was wrong. Little did I see that actually, despite the drastic change it was one of the greatest things to ever happen to The Burkill's. Why? Well at first I found it quite hard to adapt, i'd miss my friends. My grandma's house around the corner, the friendly faces i'd grown up with and comfort of having family all around me. But you know what? I still miss those things, time makes things easier. On my first day at school I made friends, I met Nathan here and living beside the sea is magical. Even though my narrow minded, teen crazed little brain didn't understand that. After several arguments, mistakes and annoying every member of my family. I grew up. I realised all the stress and hassle I caused was extremely silly. & now when Christmas comes around the corner, i'm so excited. Because I have the three people in the universe who will be there in my life regardless any situation.

Each of them is so unique, hilarious and so talented in their own ways it makes me feel proud to be a part of such a lovely family. Even though this is not my "first" home, home will always be where they are. I love this house, & all the memories entwined within these walls.



 



















The Burkill's.


No comments:

Post a Comment